RUN JUMP THROW INSTRUCTOR COURSE
October 1-2, 2016 and April 29-30, 2017
Runs Jump Throw (RJT) is Athletics Canada’s official grassroots program of physical activity for children and youth. RJT contributes to the development of fundamental motor skills such as running, jumping, and throwing through a series of lessons that focus on skill acquisition, sport education and participatory/team competition. The program is designed to give children a strong background in sport skills that will serve them well in other sports and throughout their lives. No matter what sport of physical endeavour children attempt in their lifetime, the mechanics of running, jumping, and/or throwing will inevitably come into play
The RJT Instructor Course trains Instructors to develop fundamental motor skills such as running, jumping and throwing in children ages 7 through 12.
Following the course Instructors will be able to:
- Plan a practice
- Use progressionsto teach fundamental motor skills to children
- Understandand apply the progressions used to teach basic track and field skills
- Apply Run, Jump, Throw activities to all sport programs (soccer, basketball, etc)
- Coachgrassroots track and field athletes in a track club or school program. The course gives educators all the tools necessary to teach children the fundamentals of running, jumping and throwing as well as introducing them to track and field.
- Work as a Run, Jump, Throw Instructor
- Everyone in the course gets great course materials! The course materials provide lesson plans for working with children including adaptations for disabled children. A DVD is provided that demonstrates all the techniques and drills covered in the course.
- Learn about the Ottawa Lions Run Jump Throw program that has over 500 participants per year.