2017-18 General Information
Online registration will be available as of September 1
* Terry Fox Facility – Mooney’s Bay – 2960 Riverside Drive – April 24th to October 31st
** Dome – 1659 Bearbrook Rd. – Blackburn Hamlet – November 1st to April 23rd
CONTACT: HEAD COACH – ANDY MCINNIS for all inquiries and event group / event coach placements / firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday & Tuesday & Wednesday & Thursday
Training between 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM
General Training Sessions – 2 Hours
Training between 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM
General Training Sessions – 2 Hours
- Training DAYS and TIMES will vary depending on the group, coach and the season
- Competitions – As part of the competitive stream, athletes are encouraged to compete in their Provincial Championship and National Championships when qualified as well as all locally hosted events.
Payments will not exceed the annual maximum. EX.: An athlete having participated in FALL/WINTER will only owe the difference for the remainder of the season.
AS A MEMBER OF THE LIONS CLUB
- The best coaching and technical leadership
- Use of training equipment at the Dome and Terry Fox Athletics Facility
- If an athlete wishes to be registered to compete in Athletics Canada sanctioned competitions, either indoor season (Jan. 1st on) or the outdoor season (May 1 on) or cross country season (September on) they are to notify the head coach as soon as possible.
- For Funded Athletes (PSO / NSO Programs) Membership will be provided as of January 1 st of each year
- A seasonal pass to the Terry Fox Facility at Mooney’s Bay
- Access to the Dome @ Louis Riel during club training hours Reduced entry fees to Ottawa Indoor Series and Summer Twilight Series
- Travel and accommodation coordination and administrative support for all club sanctioned events
- Entry Fees paid to both Provincial and National Championships
- Athletes in the U20 and Open Categories will receive accommodations for their National Championships for 4 night period (shared) when the respective entry standards have been achieved.
- Athletes in the COMPETITIVE ANNUAL or VARSITY ANNUAL categories, who medal at a U-Sport Nationals, a U20 or Open National Championships will receive a membership bonus credit for the following year’s membership fees as of September 1st annually.
- Individual Medal – $500.00 (Athletics Canada Athletics Championship or Cross Country Championship)
- Top 8 Finish in a National Championships / Top 6 in U-Sport National Championships – $200.00
- Relay Team Medal or Cross Country Team Medal at an Athletics Canada National Championship – $100.00 for the athletes that contributed to the team result.
- Athletics Canada Cross Country National Championship – Both the individual and team medal achievements will extend to the U18 Division as well.
For those annual & summer membership athletes who attend competitions
- The Club will supply a uniform (top & bottom) and a t-shirt. The uniform items belong to the Club and are to be worn in all Club organized competitions and championships. No modifications to the uniform will be accepted. The uniform is to be cleaned and maintained by the athlete. Should the items be damaged or lost, the athlete will be required to purchase and replace the item from the Club. Every 2 years the Club will consider replacement of the competition uniform items on the return of the items to the Club by the athlete.
- A T-shirt will be presented to all seasonal members.
- Additional club gear will be available for purchase on a seasonal basis by GADDAR.
- The LIONS do provide EMPLOYMENT opportunities for H.S. and University students.A seasonal pass to the Terry Fox Facility at Mooney’s Bay
- Athletes must abide by the “Club Policies” that can be found on the website.
- Issued Competition Club Uniform must be worn at all club organized meets and championships.