Position: Youth Program Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director/Head Coach
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Job Type: Full-time
Application Deadline: August 2nd, 2017
Contact Name: Andy McInnis
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT THE POSITION
- As the Youth Program Coordinator you will be completely in charge of the Ottawa Lions Track and Field Club’s Youth Program. This program, attracts over 800 young athletes age 6-11 per year. You will be in charge of all facets of program delivery including staffing, training of staff, advertising, public relations, facility booking, and program delivery. You have strong project management skills, the ability to prioritize, and are comfortable speaking and interacting with small and large groups. You are well versed in the fundamentals and delivery of Run, Jump, Throw, Wheel Program.
Run Jump Throw Wheel (RJTW) is a national program developed by Athletics Canada that teaches fundamental movement skills and develops physical literacy. Using track and field inspired games, activities and skill challenges lead by instructors specifically trained to teach the fundamentals of running, jumping, throwing and wheeling (for children in wheelchairs).
The goal of the program is to provide a physical activity program that serves as a strong foundation for all sports. Run Jump Throw Wheel assists children in learning to move efficiently so that they grow into adults who are active, productive and healthy citizens.
ABOUT THE OTTAWA LIONS TRACK & FIELD CLUB
The Ottawa Lions Track & Field Club is the largest and the most successful track & field club in Canada. We have developed a comprehensive approach towards our sport that includes programs for all – no matter the age, no matter the aspiration. The club is a not-for-profit organisation that is professionally managed and that relies on a volunteer coaching staff.
- Actively seek to expand the Lions Youth Programs.
- Coordinate and deliver the training of Run-Jump-Throw-Wheel Instructors
- Provide support to Run-Jump-Throw-Wheel delivery partners including schools, clubs, municipalities, community associations and other program partners.
- Coordinate delivery of Run, Jump, Throw, Wheel awareness and promotions initiatives within Ottawa Area
- Develop and deliver and oversee the Lions’ Youth Program.
- Support efforts to engage and support school-based athletics by coordinating outreach activities and support Ottawa school based programs.
- Prepare and submit grant proposals to funders.
- Develop a coaching network with the teachers in elementary schools across the Ottawa area.
- As a member of the Ottawa Lions coaching team be prepared to actively participate in the all facets of day to day running of the Club.
- University degree or College Diploma in Physical Education, Teaching, Kinesiology, Coaching or other related field
- Experience managing and delivering sport programs within community and/or school settings
- Knowledge and experience in Run, Jump, Throw, Wheel and/or other first contact instructional programs for children
- Proven organizational and project management skills and ability to multi task is required
- Ability to work independently.
- NCCP Learning Facilitator qualification is considered an asset
- Knowledge of French
- Exceptional communication skills using all medias
Salary range: $50,000 – $65,000 annually
Please send applications in confidence to Andy McInnis (email@example.com) by Wednesday, August 2nd, 2017.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.